Several days ago Phase One has announced the release of Capture One 8.2, the biggest and most exciting update yet. After a long wait the developers have introduced 3-way colour grading wheels, similar to that of grading systems in the film industry. It gives much more creative control over the look of the images, meaning Digital Operators can put together more advanced grades before the proofs are delivered to clients.
Other features include…
- Dynamic Locations (naming tokens in process recipes, absolute godsend for lookbooks & catalogue shoots)
- High resolution previews for 4k and 5k monitors
- Resizable Curve and Colour Balance tools
- General under-the-hood improvements for tethering (much quicker and smoother rendering)
- Improved graphics in Library tool
- New 5-point Curve preset for ease-of-use